The Pros and Cons of a WhatsApp Chatbot
WhatsApp is currently the most popular messaging app in the world. The platform that has 1.5 billion users from 180 countries can now be accessed by your chatbot. In this article we’ll give you a brief overview of the pros and cons of WhatsApp automation through a chatbot. If you are in search of a new channel to get in touch with your customers, then the WhatsApp Pros and Cons we have mentioned here will be helpful.
Advantages of WhatsApp
- Highly accessible. As WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in the world, it is likely that your end-users already have WhatsApp installed on their smartphone and that they are familiar with the tool.
- High engagement. WhatsApp is a great channel to engage with your customers. You’ll see that the WhatsApp channels has a high response rate with many messages being send back and forward.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp
- Limited Rich UI elements. If you are already familiar with Flow.ai you’ve probably came across several rich UI elements such as buttons, cards and carousels. WhatsApp is more limited as it does not support these rich UI elements. WhatsApp does support text, images and video.
- Investment. For a WhatsApp integration you’ll need an active Flow.ai license as well as an additional license for WhatsApp. Also, if you’re planning to send messages to users after 24 hrs you’ll need templated messages. For these templated messages WhatsApp will charge an additional fee.
Is your bot WhatsApp proof?
WhatsApp might be great channel for your business. If you’re planning to design your chatbot for different channels, Keep in mind that it might be wise to differ parts of your flows based to the channel. Think about the following 2:
- Change the use of Rich UI elements based on the channel
- Change the Takeover/Fallback based on the channel
If you’re facing on of these challenges, feel free to contact our team. We’d be happy to help.