Creating an SMS chatbot using Twilio
SMS can be a great channel for creating more engagement with your customers because your users aren’t depending on an internet connection. Reach out to your users on all mobile devices. Some common use cases for SMS bots are sending notifications to your users, for example about having received an order, or a message with information about the delivery time of a package.
Setting up a chatbot for SMS is very easy to do with Flow.ai and the Twilio integration. In this tutorial, we will show you step-by-step how to do this.
- Login to Twilio. Create a new account if you don’t have one yet.
- Go to Phone Numbers and select the number you would like to use for your SMS bot. You can also buy a new number here. If you do that, make sure it is compatible with SMS.
- Copy the phone number and go back to the project you made in Flow.ai
- Go to integrations and add the Twilio SMS integration.
- Paste the phone number and make sure to remove all spaces.
- Go back to Twilio, go to your organization settings (by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner), and copy & paste also your Account SID and Auth Token into Flow.ai.
- After pasting all the information, click Save in the Twilio SMS integration. That will update your Twilio Web Hook.
- Go back to the Twilio number you bought, scroll all the way down to Messaging, and paste the Twilio Web Hook next to “A Message Comes In”.
- Save it and you are done. Test your SMS bot by sending a text message to the number you used.
You can also use the Twilio integration for IVR. For more information about IVR bots, read our other tutorial.